Healthy Turkey Chili Recipe!
November is coming to an end and it’s only a matter of time before the arrival of our next snow storm. So why not cozy up at home and try out a new recipe? We can’t think of a more satisfying dish that will warm your soul than this delicious bowl of Healthy Turkey Chili!
This recipe comes from the stellar site, Well Plated by Erin, and offers us a slight twist on the classic chili. Instead of the usual abundance of beans, the recipe calls for sweet potato, which adds a unique flavor to the conventional chili bowl. You can nourish yourself and those around you with this delicious bowl!
Ingredients – Makes 8 Servings:
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic — minced
- 2 medium onions — diced
- 2 bell peppers — any color, cored and chopped
- 2 large carrots — peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery — diced
- 1 medium sweet potato — peeled and cubed (optional—I added it!)
- 2 pounds ground turkey — I used 93% lean*
- 1 1/2-2 cups water — more as needed
- 1 can tomato sauce — (15 ounces)
- 1 can diced tomatoes in their juices — (14.5 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Sliced fresh avocado
- Thinly sliced jalapeño
- Shredded cheese
- Plain non-fat Greek yogurt — or sour cream
- Freshly chopped cilantro
It’s the perfect meal on a blustery day outside that will keep you satisfied. Check it out and let us know your thoughts in the comments below!