Recipe: Bursting Tomato Cauliflower Rice Caprese Salad
It’s recipe time at Beacon and this week we’re trying out this delicious Bursting Tomato Cauliflower Rice Caprese Salad.
This recipe comes from Whole and Heavenly Oven and is the perfect vegetarian dish for the summer. Of course, if you’re looking to add more protein to this salad, grilled chicken, salmon or shrimp are a tasty addition to this dish.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 cups fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Additional fresh basil for topping
- Place cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until cauliflower is the consistency of rice. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add cauliflower to pan and saute 4-5 minutes until cauliflower is just softened. Transfer to a large bowl and chill.
- In a small bowl, combine cherry tomatoes, remaining olive oil, basil, oregano, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Spread on a baking sheet and roast tomatoes at 400F 15-20 minutes until tomatoes are soft and bursting.
- Add tomatoes, any tomato juices at the bottom of roasting pan, mozzarella, and balsamic to cauliflower rice. Season salad with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with additional basil. Chill salad until ready to serve.
Make sure to check out the full recipe here from Whole and Heavenly Oven.
Happy Cooking Buddies!
Photo Credit: Whole and Heavenly Oven.