Recipe: Cauliflower “Potato” Salad
Today’s recipe of the week uses cauliflower for a creative take on potato salad…
Cauliflower is a little bit of a “magic” vegetable. Its versatility gives us ample room to expand our creative side AND stay on plan, without compromising taste or satisfaction! This keeper comes from Fed + Fit and is the perfect healthy side dish to accompany your entree!
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets and then into 1/2-inch dice (about 4 cups)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup Paleo Ranch
- 3 stalks celery, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dill pickles or dill relish
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the cauliflower florets in the olive oil, then spread them out on the prepared baking sheet so that no pieces are touching. Sprinkle with tops with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the tops are starting to turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before assembling the rest of the salad.
- When the cauliflower is cool, place it in a large mixing bowl. Add the ranch dressing, celery, pickles, green onions, and mustard. Stir to combine until everything is well mixed and evenly coated with the dressing.
- To serve, spoon the salad into a serving bowl. Top with the hard-boiled egg slices, then sprinkle the paprika over the salad. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Check out the full the recipe here: https://fedandfit.com/cauliflower-potato-salad/