Recipe: Everything Veggie Egg Bites
In a rush in the morning? No problem. Everything Veggie Egg Bites are the perfect grab and go breakfast!
Today’s recipe of the week, Everything Veggie Egg Bites, is featured from the site Hungry Girl. These satisfying bites are a terrific breakfast option for you when you’re on the run. Set aside 15 minutes of prep time and 20 minutes to bake and voila! You’ll have 6 servings of egg bites ready to start you off to a successful week!
- 2 1/2 cups (about 20 large) egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 2 tbsp. fat-free plain Greek yogurt (or 2%)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- One 14-oz. can artichoke hearts packed in water, drained and chopped
- 2 cups roughly chopped spinach
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup bagged sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites/substitute with Greek yogurt and seasonings until mostly smooth and uniform. Add all remaining ingredients except scallions. Stir to mix.
- Evenly distribute mixture among the cups of the muffin pan. (Cups will be full.)
- Sprinkle with scallions. Bake until firm and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Make sure to check out the full recipe here!
Photo Cred: www.hungry-girl.com