RECIPE: HEALTHY MUSHROOM RISOTTO!
This healthy mushroom risotto is made with brown rice and who doesn’t love a warm hearty bowl of risotto!! One can make it traditionally on the stovetop or make easy risotto in the Instant Pot!
A perfect fall dish!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8oz) container mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 3/4 cup gruyere or good quality parmesan cheese, grated
- In a saucepan, keep broth warm on low heat.
- In a large heavy-bottomed pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and mushrooms. Sautee until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice, salt and pepper and stir to toast rice a bit. Add wine and deglaze the bottom of the pan by scraping the browned bits with a spoon.
- Turn heat down to medium low and stir until liquid is absorbed. Add broth, a half cup at a time, stirring until liquid is just absorbed each time. Keep adding liquid and stirring until rice is fully cooked and creamy. It will take about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Once rice is fully cooked, stir in grated cheese.
- Serve hot.
Recipe taken from: https://livelytable.com/healthy-mushroom-risotto/