Recipe: Pesto Chicken Pasta
It’s Recipe time at Beacon and today we’re featuring the Pesto Chicken Pasta with Zucchini!
This fabulous recipe comes from the site ruled.me and offers us a wonderful alternative to pasta by using zucchini noodles (“zoodles”) as the pasta base. The combination of fresh pesto and seasoned chicken breast makes for a delicious lunch or dinner. This dish provides a balance of healthy fats, protein and veggies to power us, and satisfy our taste buds!
- 2 medium boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium zucchini
- Fresh basil for garnish
- 1 cup basil
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ medium lemon, zest and juice
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet, brush with 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and cracked black pepper. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes
2. Take the chicken out of the oven to add the tomatoes on the vine, again brushing with oil. Return to the oven and bake for a further 15 minutes, or until the chicken is lightly browned and cooked through.
3. Meanwhile prepare the pesto by blending together all the ingredients except the olive oil. Once a paste has formed slowly add the oil as the blender is running, stopping once the pesto is well combined and reaches the desired consistency.
4. To create your pasta spiralize the zucchini – or use a vegetable peeler to make zucchini ribbons.
5. In a skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, sauté the zucchini for 3 minutes or until softened. Take off the heat and stir through the pesto.
6. Assemble the dish by placing half the pesto zucchini in each bowl. Top with sliced chicken, baked tomatoes and a fresh basil garnish.
Click here to access the full recipe from ruled.me!
Photo Cred: https://www.ruled.me/