Recipe: Summer Cobb Salad
Summer salad isn’t over yet! This delicious salad uses simple ingredients and is an absolute must to try before summer ends…
Beacon’s recipe of the week is a Summer Cobb Salad from Paleomg …
For the salad:
- 2 cups arugula (or lettuce of your choice)
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 peach, diced
- 10-12 shrimp, cooked and chilled
- 3 strips of bacon, cooked and diced
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and diced
For the avocado dressing:
- 1 avocado
- 1/3 cup water
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Buy shrimp pre-cooked and chilled.
- Place your 2 eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Cook for 15 minutes then place under cold water to cool, then peel and dice.
- Cook your bacon on both sides, place on a plate with a paper towel to soak up the excess fat then dice.
- Dice up you cucumber and peach.
- Place arugula in the bottom of a wide, shallow bowl, then top with cucumber, peach, shrimp, bacon, and eggs in any order.
- Now make your dressing.
- Add avocado to your food processor then while the food processor is still running, add your olive oil, vinegar, dijon mustard, lemon, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Once thoroughly mixed, add your water to the food processor until you get the consistency you prefer for dressing. The more water you add, the more runny your dressing will be.
Check out the full recipe here!